Discussion for FogBugz Plugin developers
I posted a couple installer issues here: http://support.fogcreek.com/default.asp?fb7beta.12.65201.2. I just tried it on another VM and now it fails with this message:
"FogBugz Setup was unable to set up a web site in IIS. This probably means that Internet Information Services is not installed correctly on this computer."
As I was typing this, I decide to try rebooting the machine. I didn't get the error above, but now I'm back to this error:
"FogBugz Setup was unable to grant the user GREGS-VM1\FogBugz read and write permissions on the folder C:\Documents and Settings\GREGS-VM1\ASPNET\Local settings\Temp\."
My bad, Brett Kiefer's suggestion did work. I gave the FogBugz user full control of the Documents and Settings folder and the installer still wasn't working. I had to manually create the directory tree C:\Documents and Settings\GREGS-VM1\ASPNET\Local settings\Temp and then the installer was able to proceed.
So, I got to the point where the installer tells me the rest of the setup will continue on the FogBugz website. It opened up the front page and I am now seeing this error:
"Server Error in '/FogBugz' Application.
The application domain or application pool is currently running version 4.0 or later of the .NET Framework...."
It's a long error message. If you want it all, let me know and I'll post it. I have the Visual Studio 2010 beta installed on this VM.
I posted the error on the wiki, https://developers.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W139. I'll try installing on another VM that doesn't have the VS2010 beta on it.
And now for our next error. I installed it on another VM and now I'm getting this:
I was able to get up and running, but only after starting with a virgin installation of XP. I would really like to know why that last error I mentioned is occurring and if there is anything that can be done about it:
I've gotten stuck at this error on three different installations now. Having to start with a clean install of the OS is pretty inconvenient.
The last exception seems to be an ASP.NET issue, since it is never actually making it into FogBugz code. You may have already tried this, but the thread here http://dev.communityserver.com/forums/p/474748/531732.aspx seems to indicate that in addition to
aspnet_regiis -ga FogBugz
you should run
That fixed it and explains the problem. The .NET Framework was installed on the problem machines before IIS, so ASP.NET was not configured properly. It worked on the virgin XP machine because I happened to install the stuff in the correct order.
Live and learn.
This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.Other recent topics