Available in Kiln 3.0 and higher.
SSH Keys are used to authenticate against your Kiln repositories via SSH. Kiln provides a full read/write API for managing SSH keys.
The SSH Key Record
- ixSshKey: The unique identifier for the SSH key.
- sName: A descriptive name for the SSH Key.
- sPublicKey: The public key itself.
- ixPerson: The Person for whom this key is valid.
- dtAdded: The timestamp, in UTC, when this key was added.
Administrators can perform actions on behalf of users by passing the optional parameter "ixPerson". See Miscellaneous: Working with People for information on `ixPerson`.
Returns a list of SSH key records for the user.
- sName (Optional)
and creates a new key. Returns the SSH Key Record of the new key. If sName is not set, and sPublicKey does not include a naming hint, the name will be set to "SSH Key". If sName is not set and sPublicKey does include a naming hint, the hint will be used.
Returns the SSH key record for the specific ixSshKey.
and updates the description of the key. Returns the updated SSH Key Record of the key.
Immediately deletes the key. Returns true on success.
The following machine codes are errors that may be returned from these calls. See also Common Errors.
- InvalidKey: This is not understandable as an SSH key. Keys must be Base64-encoded DSA or RSA public keys.
- DuplicateKey: This SSH key is already in use.
- SshDisabled: SSH is not available on this server.